Monday, February 2, 2009

Grandma's gift for Courtney

Grandma was guilty of not getting as many buckets made in the last week as she needed to, but for a good reason, I think. Several months ago, Jess showed me this little tutorial for a child's pool robe. I thought it was so cute and knew I wanted to make one, and I finally got around to it for Courtney's birthday. It took more time than I thought it would, but I think it turned out to be a success.

Here she is modeling it. It was such a cute pose that I decided to show it to you, despite the blurriness of the photo. Unfortunately, the camera was a little slow in focusing.


Here's a better shot, but not such a perfect pose.


I took these pics before wrapping it.


Scraps of Jess's fabrics made for some pretty cute appliques.


Since I had no cute buttons, I decided to applique behind the buttonholes, too. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. I haven't appliqued anything for many years, in fact since my kids were probably Courtney's age. It's fun, and easier nowadays, since you can buy iron-on stuff for fusing the appliques to the fabric before doing the stitching so they don't slip around. I'm going to have to find some more of those projects to do! Courtney, what would you like next? ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute, the robe and the model. I love the button hole idea. Looking forward to spending the day with the little 2 yr old. She should be here any minute now.

LiEr said...

Lovely robe! And love the applique behind the buttons - so clever! Off to reply to your comment now!