Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ack... it's back... but good news

We're back in the "sauna". The last few days have been very hot and humid again, after a brief respite last week. This is what the outsides of our windows have looked like in the mornings.

The early fog was burning off below, but you can still see the humidity in the air.

Hopefully by Tuesday we'll be back to a little more normal Minnesota weather!

The good news is that the hummingbirds are beginning to make their way through again as they head south. Below is one of the first that I've seen this month. It seemed to think that my hibiscus was more appealing than the feeder.

I'm hoping to see many more of these fascinating little birds in the next month or so!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with that sentiment.
And I totally hope you're right that a change is in the air.
I've had enough summer now.
I hope your hummingbirds are a harbinger of fall.

Dale