Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Who was there?

This was the view from my sewing room a few days before Christmas. Yeah, lotsa snow. But especially take note of the little light-colored spot near the lower right corner of the window.

Here's a closer look, with the photo enhanced a bit so you can see it better:

Yeah, it's a tunnel. A very LITTLE tunnel! What do you think made it?!

Maybe this next photo will give you a clue. Look below the tunnel, right up against the window:

Hmmm. Eeuww.

Okay, now look on top of the snow to where the tunnel exits:

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Hmmm. Pretty big tracks. Any guesses as to whether the little tunnel-digger is still alive? (I don't know the answer to that.)

Dale, I think you could come up with a pretty good story for this one.

Enough of that. Stay tuned for a great post later this week. Think giveaway! Think CSN!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the tracks on top are related to the little hole.
I don't think they are.
My suspicion on the hole is a vole.

I am in a state of great anticipation on the CSN!!! thing.

I like your hint. I've formed a guess but I am not very sure of it.

How long can I hold my breath?
We will see.

Dale

Grandma G said...

I was thinking shrew. We seem to have an awful lot of them around here. Or don't they go tunneling around during the winter?

I think your guess is wrong. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Okay,
I'll guess your giving away some relatives.

Courtney,Suzie, and Nate.

Dale

Grandma G said...

I'm keeping Courtney.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....

CSN.... CSN.....

I don't have a clue
I am turning blue.

Awaiting the reveal
of a mighty big deal.

Dale

It torti plural of tortise ?

Anonymous said...

Okay, try again.

Is torti plural for tortoise?

Dale

Grandma G said...

GROAN!! ;-)