Friday, June 8, 2012

Elusive kittens

A couple days ago I happened to look out my kitchen window and saw something white hop into our lilac bushes. When I realized it was a kitten, I grabbed the camera and headed out. Our electrical power supply "box" (whatever you call that thing) was just on the other side of the bushes, so I had a good place to lean while waiting for the timid little babies to appear. Since their mama has had them out and about for so long, they've gotten pretty wild, so they weren't about to come out to me. But I stayed there, very still, for about 20 minutes or so, and I managed to get some pics and videos.



Their mama, Patches, showed up, which helped a lot. She even called them over for me.


There were only 3 of the 5 there, but I've since seen the other 2, so I know they're alive and well. They're wild, too, and I have teeth marks on my finger to prove it!


Photo quality is not so great. The camera and I were in the sun, and the cats were in the shade.

This little girl below was so tired. The other 2 were having a lot of fun climbing in the bushes, but she just wanted to nap on her mama. Look at her ears... one is gray and the other is orange. So cute!


I have a couple videos I was going to show you, but I've tried to upload the first one four times already, and every time it fails. I give up... I have other things to do! Maybe I can add them later.

1 comment: