Friday, March 20, 2015

Gifts from Courtney

I realized that I took pictures but forgot to show you something that Courtney made and brought for Grandpa and me a couple of weeks ago. She had gotten her own "sewing machine" as a gift, and she'd been busy making projects.

Her machine is a Sew Cool, and it looks like this:

Photo by Amazon.com

It doesn't use any thread but has a special needle that somehow attaches pieces of felt together. I haven't seen Courtney's machine in person yet, but it seems to work pretty well, and she likes it a lot.

She made this cute little pouch (about 2½ inches square) for me (Mommy helped sew on the button):


Sweet, huh? Inside the pouch was this cute little dress!


For Grandpa, Courtney made this special pouch:


It's for holding pens or pencils, and since Grandpa likes fancy pens, it was a perfect choice for him!


What cool gifts! I still need to get to Courtney's house to see this machine in action. It sounds like a lot of fun!

No comments: