Thursday, June 9, 2016

Cuteness

I must show you some of what's keeping me occupied around here. I don't want you to think I've fallen off the face of the earth!

This is Buttercup, who has somehow managed to become a resident of the garage. She's an adorable little brat (but looks so innocent, doesn't she?) who keeps managing to get herself stuck up in trees and needing to be rescued - 4 times already! She has a LOUD cry that lets me know. LOL


Next we have Patches and two of this year's litter. She always keeps them hidden until they're about 6 weeks old and too wild to get close to. She has two others for sure, but I thought I'd seen five the first time. I had to be very sneaky to get this photo. But have you ever seen a cuter face?!


This is the face of the other one. Kinda reminds me of Annabelle a little.


I hung around (hidden behind machinery) long enough to catch them napping (while the others remained hidden also).


Then we have this little loner. She's Mia's kid. I'm sure there must've been others at first, but this is the only one left. Her crazy mother keeps hauling her in and out of the old hog barn via the fan hole in the wall. It's gotta be a rough ride up that wall and down the other side! She's such a fat little thing, I'm surprised Mia can still do it!


Just this morning I managed to catch a glimpse (AND get photos) of this little group crossing the yard.


Can you count the chicks? There are 9 of them!


Fortunately, I've only seen one other turkey around the yard in the last few weeks. It's a tom, who is apparently the father of this little flock. I don't appreciate him gobbling outside the bedroom window around 6:00 a.m.! Grrr!

I'll very soon be showing you some cute sewing projects, too. Two are done, and I should be able to get the other one finished up today. At already 90°, it's too hot to be doing anything outside today or for the next few days, so hopefully I can get lots of sewing done. I certainly have a lot of projects on my to-do list! They're mostly pretty quick things. Sometime in the next few weeks will also be a fun pattern test. I'm really looking forward to that one!

2 comments:

Geneviève said...

Your farm has become a cat nursery! :) There's so many kittens and they are all super cute. It'll be fun to see how the fur colors of Patches' litter will evolve over time.

Does the proud father of those little chicks tends to be noisy outside your window regulary? I knew it happened before, but getting to hear him often would certainly drive me crazy. :(

Grandma G said...

Our farm has been a cat nursery for many years! ;) I'm wondering, too, if Patches' light-colored kittens will end up like Annabelle. One of them is a black stripey one with white feet, though.

I haven't heard him as much lately, but it's been hot, so windows are closed with the AC on. He had been pretty regular about the 6:00 a.m. gobbling before that, though. Yes, enough to drive a person crazy... or to murder! ;) He was pecking at the basement windows daily, too. :(