Sunday, March 18, 2018

Triple Pouch

I made another pouch. It seems I just can't resist a good pouch. After all, I'm a bag lady, right? And this looked like a rather unique pouch. Not so much from the outside, ...


... but take a look at the inside.


Yes, that's two zippers and three pockets, right? No, wait... it's actually five pockets! There is an optional slip pocket on either side of the center zip pocket.


So it's really a 5-pocket pouch!


I love how it can stand up by itself, even with nothing in it, as below.


I forgot to take a photo for size reference, so here's one I shot later. It measures about 7½" high by 9" wide, so it can hold quite a bit of stuff.


The pattern is the Triple Pouch from the book Stitched Sewing Organizers by Aneela Hoey. Fabrics are from Cloud9 Fabrics (and they were not designed by Jess - heheh). It was somewhat tricky to sew, as you might imagine, but I love how it turned out! Thanks to Rochelle of eSheep designs for pointing me to the pattern.

Now I'm off to do another pattern test.....

8 comments:

Kris Quilts said...

Nice work on your pouch. What a lot of pockets! I had a purse once that was set up in a similar fashion, I could never find what I was looking for!
Looking forward to your next pattern test.

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Kris! 💕 Just think of all the sewing supplies you could pack into that pouch for a retreat, though. 😉 Or, since the pockets are optional, you could do without. I like lots of pockets!

Jessica Jones said...

Looks lovely, Mum. That's a lot of storage!

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Jess! ❤️ The possibilities are endless!

Rochelle @ eSheep Designs said...

I know we had a slight difference of opinion about the rightful origins of this project, so thanks for the mention. As expected, your finished result looks great. (I still don't know what I'm going to be using mine for, or whether it'll end up being a gift for someone.)

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Rochelle! I’m not sure what I’ll do with mine at this point, either, but it was fun to make, anyway. (And we can agree to disagree.😉)

Geneviève said...

Tricky to sew eh? I have no idea what you're talking about. 😜

Your pouch is so nicely done, superb work! 👏

Grandma G said...

😉 I’m not telling! 🤐 (In case you can’t see that emoji, it has zippered lips.)

Thank you, Gen! 😘❤️