Monday, June 17, 2019

The Dayna Pack

After that last pattern test that turned out to involve much more time and work than I'd anticipated, I needed something quick and fun to sew. Last summer I made a hip pouch to carry some supplies along when I go to feed my outside cats. It has turned out to be not quite big enough, so when I saw this Dayna Pack, I was tempted to give it a try. A recent sale convinced me, and I bought the pattern

It was indeed quick and fun to sew! I love how it turned out. Here is my Dayna Pack (fanny pack/hip pouch).


The solid fabric is waxed canvas that I had left over from another project. The kitty fabrics for the outside and lining (below) were gifted to me by a friend several years ago.


Both fabrics are out of print, but in case you're interested, I did see some of the newsprint available in some Etsy shops. It's called Kitty Chronicles by Timeless Treasures. I don't know what the cats in trees fabric is - sorry.

Y'know, it's really hard to get a selfie to give you some size reference. My arms aren't long enough! But here's the best I could do.


You may have noticed down in the bottom of the pic that I had an assistant. Actually, I had two of them, and because they are just so darned helpful cute, I'll show you both of them.


I found it kind of funny that when I wrote the post about last year's pouch, I also had a feline assistant. She's their older sister. I guess photography runs in their family. ;-D

Here's one more shot I tried, in front of my dirty living room windows. It may be my favorite. Haha! But it does give a better size reference.


Fanny packs are back 'in', you know. So if you want a fun, easy sewing project, get the pattern from Linds Handmade Designs. They also have some completed Dayna Packs listed (in case you want one but don't sew), plus some other top-quality handmade items. Check 'em out!

2 comments:

Geneviève said...

The fabrics and the fanny pack are so lovely! So cute! I have to say though, I never thought I'd ever see you use make something involving snowflakes in the middle of summer. ;)

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Gen! 😘 Umm... the snowflakes help keep me cool in the summer. 😉😂