Sunday, August 8, 2021

Piper ID Holder

Hi to anybody that still takes the time to check this ol’ blog! I’m sorry for the long absence. I simply haven’t been sewing for a while. I did finally do another pattern test last week, and now that the pattern has launched, I can show you. This will be a quick post for two reasons: 1) The project was a very quick sew, and 2) I’m in between cataract surgeries and my eyes are driving me crazy! I don’t see right with my glasses or without. Only 4 days to go till I get the second eye done, though - yay! It’s been a long almost-6 weeks. 

This latest test was once again for Linds Handmade Designs. It’s the Piper ID Holder. Easy to make, even for a beginner, and would be handy for any occasion where you need to have your ID available. (Think school days coming up quickly!)


The fabric I used is quilt cotton from the Typography line designed by Jess (aka How About Orange) several years ago for Cloud9 Fabrics.


The cute little pouch can be used with a lanyard, a wristlet strap, or on its own just to stick in one’s pocket or purse. It zips at the top, so it can hold coins, a chapstick or any other small item, and the ID goes in a separate pocket with a clear vinyl window.


The pattern calls for an optional breakaway clasp for the lanyard. It was suggested in the tester group that a snap would work, so I tried it, but I don’t recommend doing that, as it doesn’t pull apart like it needs to.



So there you have it! The Piper ID Holder can be purchased here, and if you see this post in time, it along with everything else in the shop is on sale through tonight! As always, there is a video tutorial, and there are SVG cut files if you have a cutting machine.

I’m into another pattern test already, so I’ll go get busy on that, as eyes permit. 🤓

2 comments:

Jenny said...

This looks like a very cute and functional little pouch!

I hope all goes well with your second surgery. My mom had one eye done last fall (the other one is good for now) and she was so happy to be able to see clearly again. She stubbornly insisted that she could see just fine to drive (at night!) in the days before she had it done and afterward determined that maybe that hadn’t been the smartest decision. I hope you are making better choices while you wait to get the second eye done! 😀

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Jenny! I think I’m playing it pretty safe here. I do drive (in our very rural area), but not at night. Meeting headlights is the worst. 😵‍💫