Sunday, December 5, 2021

Eli Laptop Case

The latest pattern from Linds Handmade Designs is the Eli Laptop Case, and I once again tested for her. The pattern is for a zip-around case, and it can be adjusted to fit nearly any laptop or even a smaller device. Since I don‘t have a laptop myself, I made a case for my iPad.


Below what it looks like inside. It has corner anchors to help hold it in place. If making it for a laptop, it would also have elastic at the other corners.


I made the spine from a scrap of cork fabric. The pattern calls for webbing for the handle, but since I didn’t have any the right size on hand, I used cork scraps there, too. Getting down to the last few inches of my cork, I had to splice the handle, as you can see.


Using cork there made it too thick to turn under the ends, so I just did one layer and edge painted the raw edges. I also repositioned the handle a little, due to the smaller size of the iPad.


The fabric I used for the exterior is waterproof canvas, and the lining is a chambray(?) fabric scrap left from another project. The case is padded with fusible foam.

You can use measurements with a ruler and rotary cutter for your pieces, or if you’re not into doing the math calculations, there are pattern pieces and a brilliant way to get them the perfect size without having to do math at all! 

The pattern is at a discount price through tonight (12-5-21), so if you’re interested, grab it now. You can find the pattern here.

This is probably it from me until next year, so here’s wishing you all a wonderful Christmas! ❤️


No comments: