Saturday, August 9, 2008

Poll Results

The results of the poll "Do you make backups of anything on your computer?" are as follows:

  • Yes, regularly (4 votes)
  • Yes, but not regularly (2 votes)
  • I always intend to, but... (1 vote)
  • I know I should, but... (0 votes)
  • I did once or twice (0 votes)
  • I've never backed up a thing (0 votes)
  • What are backups? (0 votes)

Out of those who voted, it looks like most do a pretty good job of backing things up. I wonder if those who don't make backups weren't ready to confess. ;-)

I probably wouldn't be as good about backing things up if I had to remember to do it myself. But I have a couple of programs that automatically back things up to a second hard drive for me. I also have burned most of my photos to CD's, but I'm behind on doing that. I only hope that nothing wipes out both my HDD's at once. I'd be in big trouble then! Well, not 'trouble'... but I'd surely be disappointed at my loss! Then again, it wouldn't be the first time I've lost 'everything'.

Thanks to all who voted!

No comments: