Saturday, August 6, 2011

Well, well, well.... update 2

It's begun. The well digger showed up around 8:00 this morning and got right to work. This is my view from the house (that hunk of round concrete on the grass is the top of our old, dead well:


Here's the diggin' rig (and a trailer carrying pipes, etc.):



'Nuther view of same:



Ahh... look at the top... it even has lights! Does that mean they'll be working long hours into the night to get the well done for us ASAP? Ha! No.



It's been very noisy around here. But I'm not complaining! Noise is good... means work's getting done! But let's just say I'm a little more grateful for the warmer weather that causes the windows to be closed with the AC on. ;)


This is what they've dug out so far:



Looks very similar to what I dug out of my sink, doesn't it? Eeuww!


I just got word that they're down 170 feet. That might be far enough! They've gone to get casing to start putting down the hole. Then they'll determine what's down there for water. Still lotsa work to do yet.


While I was at it, I snapped a pic of the current water supply tank:



Not so pretty, but I was informed that it's actually better and cleaner than the other one. It lets no light in, so algae can't grow in it.


That's it so far. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: