Thursday, August 22, 2019

Classic Shirt #2

What would you make if you received fabric like this in the mail?


Can you guess who picked it out? No, not Courtney, but if you said Jess, you were correct. She fell in love with it when she saw it at Oak Fabrics, and she asked if I might "pretty please" be interested in making her another Classic Shirt, using the same pattern I'd used before by Liesl + Co. I figured 'why not?' since I was all practiced up from making the other one.

She suggested one change, and that was to make the collar just a tad wider. That was an easy adjustment, and I added ½" to the width. I also used the old traditional way of sewing on the collar and cuffs, rather than the more complicated (or at least it seemed so to me) way the pattern called for. I found it easier, and I think it turned out just as well if not better. Also, this rayon was a bit easier to work with than what I used for the first shirt, so that was nice.

Behold the Classic Shirt, in Broken Staircase rayon!


Her photographer (hubby Alex) was out of town, so she just sent me these quick in-front-of-mirror iPhone photos.


It must've been a bad hair day or something. ;)


So, another successful shirt in the books. One more to go... my own! Someday. Don't hold your breath. I have a pattern test coming up soon, so that will be first.

6 comments:

Geneviève said...

How lucky is she to have such a nice sewist mom. :) The skirt looks like it is a perfect fit!

Also, I have to say, I love the name of the fabric, it's absolutely on point!

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Gen! Yes, that fabric was perfectly named! 👍🏻

I’m sure you can tell a skirt from a shirt, so I’ll assume that’s a typo. 🤔😉😂💕💕

Geneviève said...

What!? It was not Jess' legs on the picture?! 😱

Grandma G said...

In the sleeves? 😜

annie dee said...

Yeah Love this one.

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Annie Dee! 🥰