Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Classic Shirt

I know, I know... I promised you over 3 weeks ago that I'd show you something pretty I'd made. I even teased you with this photo.


Finally I can show you the rest of it! This project has been a lesson in developing patience, and I won't bore you with all the details. Just know, folks, that this time it wasn't my fault! Ha!

I didn't take many in-progress photos, but here are a couple. A pair of pretty sleeve plackets...


... and the finally acquired perfect buttons.


Voilà! It's a Classic Shirt, completed!


I just today got some long-awaited photos of it being modeled on its owner, whom most of you know as my daughter, Jess (a.k.a. HowAboutOrange). I guess good photographers have a busy schedule and can only be used when they're available. ;)



Apparently she really likes the curved cuffs.


And then she hides them. Oh, well. LOL


The gorgeous fabric was designed by Jess herself for Cloud9 Fabrics. It is the Poet print from her Business Class collection of rayon. It's available in stores now.

The pattern I used was the Classic Shirt by Liesl + Co.


It was a nice pattern to sew from, although I think when I use it next time, I'll try a couple of different techniques from my old vintage patterns. "Next time"? Yes! I have fabric (more lovely rayon) and plans to make one for myself. But don't hold your breath, as it may not get done before fall. Although if our crazy weather doesn't warm up soon, maybe I'll want it before that. One never knows.

I just completed another bag pattern test. The pattern will be released in the next couple of days, so soon I can show you that, too. Then another pattern test from a new-to-me designer is coming up the end of this week, so I'm keeping my sewing machine busy!

2 comments:

Geneviève said...

More than three weeks after you posted, here I am, finally commenting. Better late than never. :P

I love that shirt and that fabric so much! That shade of purple is gorgeous and suits Jess beautifully. As always, nicely done my friend!

Grandma G said...

Yes, where have you been?!? I’ve been missing you! 😁 Finally this post gets a comment. What would I do without you? 💕

Thank you! I love the fabric, too!