Sunday, October 9, 2011

More after-rain prettiness

Remember these sad-looking tomato plants? They're still hangin' in there (and still well-supported by the awesome E Z Tomato Cages, even though the plants got to nearly 7 feet tall) but looking sadder than ever these days:


BUT... did you notice that there are tomatoes hangin' in there, too? The poor plants are still valiantly producing!



And every few days, I pick some more nearly-ripe ones.



The asparagus certainly produced this year! It LOVED the wet weather we had during the first half of the summer.



It has its own fall prettiness. Click on the pic below to see it larger and note the raindrops decorating it.



More asparagus loveliness:



And even more:



(Click any photo to enlarge. They're better bigger!)


Fall colors and rain go 'pretty' well together!

5 comments:

The Luedtke Family said...

Hmmmm, I may think twice about adding asparagus to my garden. While my garden is larger than most for the suburbs, it is still quite small.

My tomatoes are huge and filled with green tomatoes. I am hoping for enough sun to redden more of them. I did not get tons of ripe tomatoes all at one time. Reddening has taken sweet time. Plus I planted them a bit late.

Enjoy your fall crop!

Anonymous said...

Looking at these great pictures I can only imagine the clean crisp smell of fall. Mark

Grandma G said...

I'll trade you some fall smell for fresh new baby smell, Mark! ;)

Live a Colorful Life said...

Beautiful pictures. I LOVE the one of the tomato with the droplets.

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Cindy!