Here it is, on a headless model. (But it's really Jess... I can tell. ;) ) I think it turned out so cute!
I like the flare of it - just right!
The skirt has side pockets...
... with button-trimmed tabs on the waistband for a little added interest.
Those of you who've been following me for a while will think I planned the match-up of the main skirt and pocket prints. I swear I did not - it was just one of those happy accidents. I didn't plan it because I didn't even know if it could be done, and I didn't want to think that hard, plus I didn't think it would matter on that print. But I was delighted when they turned out like this! They probably wouldn't have been as good if I had planned it! Ha!
I love this pattern! It was made for beginners, and indeed it was an easy skirt to sew, yet it looks so great. The instructions were very well-written and easy to follow. The only thing I did differently was installing the zipper in the back. I followed the instructions that came with the zipper, which said to topstitch from the bottom to the top on each side, rather than down one side and up the other like the pattern said. I've found that fabric can pull a bit, and particularly with a print like this I didn't want the design to be off.
The pattern includes sizes 0-16. I found the measurements listed to be very accurate, and I didn't have to adjust the pattern at all, which I was soooo pleased about. I told Jess I'd happily make her more skirts from this pattern, so don't be surprised if you see more here in different prints. ;)