Saturday, May 2, 2020

Demi wallet

Surprise! I'm back already... the second post in only three days! I know... shocking, isn't it? The reason is that I've completed another pattern test, and the pattern was released yesterday, so I want you to be able to take advantage of the 20% discount price if you should 'need' it! All the other patterns and beautiful things in the shop are discounted, too, so now's the time buy and save! The discount is only good through this weekend.

The pattern is the newest by Linds Handmade Designs, the Demi wallet, and it can be purchased here. I love this little wallet, and here is my version.



It has everything I need in a wallet - card slots, two optional clear vinyl ID windows, a full-size slip pocket for cash, and .....


..... a zippered coin pocket.


It's small, as you can see by my fingers holding it. It measures 5" wide by 4" tall. It closes with a magnetic snap (which I used) or a twist lock. KAMsnaps work great, too.


The print fabric is a piece I received from one of Jess's friends who is from Japan. I was waiting for just the right project to make from it, and this turned out to be perfect. It's so pretty, and has a nice texture to it, which you can see if you look closely.


There wasn't quite enough to do the entire exterior (the piece was 10" square), so I improvised by doing the contrasting flap. There are so many possible fabric combinations you can do in this wallet, so it makes a great scrap buster.

I always enjoy sewing Linds's patterns. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, and she uses actual photos rather than diagrams, which I appreciate. She also makes very helpful videos for her patterns, and they can be seen in her Facebook group and now on YouTube, too! She also sews many things herself that she sells in her Etsy shop - check them out here. They're gorgeous, and many of them are leather!

Just as a sideline, I sometimes have a hard time getting good photos of the things I sew, especially when the day is cloudy and dark. That happened to be the case with this wallet, so I had my photo tent out and was trying different things with that. I turned my back for a couple seconds, and when I turned back, this is what I saw. I guess she thinks it's just her size.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute wallet! I’d have to make it backwards if I made one for my self since I’m left handed. I actually quit using folding wallets because they are designed for righties and I always end up opening them upside down! I just stick with a zip top pouch with pockets on the side for cards these days.

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Jenny! Gosh, I never thought about how a wallet would be for a lefty. I think this pattern would be super simple to switch the sides, though. You’d have to flip a couple of the pattern pieces over when cutting and then just put them on the opposite side.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

this is a very pretty little wallet, just my size
I love the bark cloth fabric too... or is this other fabric.
Duh, I am not always so sharp.
I think it is beautiful fabric, very much my kind of pretty.
Now I do want to make one!!

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Rosemary! Glad you like it, it’s a great little wallet. The fabric is not barkcloth, but some kind of textured cotton.