Friday, October 8, 2021

Stephie Shoulder Bag

Linds Handmade Designs has been at it again! I just tested another terrific new pattern, the Stephie Shoulder Bag. Here's my version, made from one of Jess's (aka How About Orange) barkcloth designs for the outer main fabric, faux leather strap and accents, and waterproof canvas for the lining.


The back has slip pocket perfectly sized for your phone. (If you've followed me long, you know I love a good fussy cut!)

I love the fancy boxed corners. They're easier to make than they look!

The top closes with a recessed zipper to keep your things secure.

There's a zipper pocket inside, trimmed with the faux leather. The installation is pretty unique, too... and easy! 


There's also a divided slip pocket on the other side of the interior.


It's a good-sized bag! Here's a selfie of me with it. You can fit a LOT of stuff in there!


It was easy to make - my old vintage Kenmore sewed through it like a breeze, and I think any domestic machine would also. I enjoyed the process. The tassel was a new experience for me - very easy and rather fun. All in all, it's a great pattern that makes a very useful bag, and you can get it (as well as everything else in the Linds Handmade shop) at a discount price through this Sunday, October 10th.

No comments: