Monday, July 8, 2024

Just the Ticket Luggage Tags #2

Over eight(!) years ago, I wrote this post about some Just the Ticket Luggage Tags I’d sewn from the pattern by Uniquely Michelle. I had occasion to make some more recently, so here they are.



I started out by making that center one out of waterproof canvas, thinking it’d be nice if the tags were waterproof in case of being out in the rain. However, that fabric was a little too thick which made turning them right side out extremely hard, so I knew I didn’t want to make four more of those! I then remembered some laminated cotton fabrics I was given by a friend who was cleaning out her stash, so I decided to try one of those, and that worked much better. The remaining four are made from those fabrics, making them still pretty waterproof.


I once again used the printable PDF file Jess made for the ID cards, and it is still available here.


I enjoyed making these, and I may have done a bit of print matching… because that’s how I roll.


These were still a little more challenging to turn than quilting cotton would’ve been, but still doable.


So these pieces…


… became these:


They ended up going with Courtney and her mom (as chaperone) on a school Culture Club trip to Europe in June… Italy, Greece, and a cruise to the Greek Isles! Here is one of the many pics she sent.


Yeah… where have the years gone?! She’s officially a senior now! She’s still a kitty-lover, though, and she said cats were plentiful over there.


What a great traveling experience they had!

In going back to the post about the first luggage tags I made and reading through the comments, I realized I forgot two things. First, I forgot to add my little label to these new ones. It’s not the first time I’ve forgotten that! Ha! The second thing is that I totally forgot about the request for a couple of luggage tags. That was a long time ago, but if you see this, Kristin, and still want them, I’d be happy to make them. Just contact me.

Now I’m about to get back to a sewing project I’ve already put on hold twice, once for the luggage tags and once for a pattern test that for now has to remain a secret… until October!! I sure wish I could show you now, because it turned out very cool, and I love it. But I’m sure there will be several other projects in the meantime that I will be able to show you.

No comments: