Saturday, December 8, 2007

Wispy's turn

Of my two cats, Willow usually gets all the attention. She's beautiful and very photogenic, very active and fun-loving and usually "demands" attention. Wispy, on the other hand is a much quieter, less attractive, fat little cat. In fact, she's often somewhat aloof, only allowing someone to pet her at certain (rather peculiar) times. However, she's very sweet, well-behaved, extremely loyal... and she has her own little quirks and rituals.

A couple of days ago, I was sitting at the computer, and I could feel Wispy moving around by my ankles. She walked away, and I looked down to where she'd been, and this is what I saw.
The yellow plastic spring is a new toy I'd given them recently. She had ever-so-carefully placed it on my shoe! She's done this type of thing before, often putting a favorite toy inside a pair of shoes I've recently taken off that are close by me, or carefully placing it so it balances in between the two shoes, on the edge of each. I never quite know her purpose in doing this, whether it's to give me a gift... or to entice me to toss it for her to chase... or for me to protect it from Willow for her! She's usually very subtle about doing it, too, so I'm often quite surprised when I find things. I think I shall choose to accept them as gifts, since she uses such care in placing them 'just so'... and I am touched by her gifts!

1 comment:

Jessica Jones said...

Awww.... that's so sweet!