Thursday, February 21, 2008

Moonshine... and not!

What a gorgeous moonrise last night! I took these at about 5:45 p.m.




Later on there was a total lunar eclipse. I didn't spend a lot of time outside, since it was about 0°F at the time, so it was a little "chilly". Fortunately there was no wind at all. If there had been, I wouldn't have been out there! There also were a few light clouds, like in the above photos, so it was hard getting good shots. I could hardly make out any stars, and the clouds kept floating across the moon, so the 1st and 3rd pics below look a little hazy. When the eclipse was total, I could barely see it in the sky, due to the clouds, but the camera probably wouldn't have picked it up, anyway. Here are three of the best shots I got.


The first two are before the moon was completely covered.



This one is when the moon was on its way back.

1 comment:

Jessica Jones said...

Wow, those are cool, Mum. Thanks for putting them up. I wanted to look outside and see it, but I was too lazy. And I don't know how far I would have had to walk to get a clear view.