Thursday, June 18, 2009

Squiggles!

I bet you're having Courtney withdrawals, right? Sorry, I got carried away outside the other day (and still haven't shown you all the pics I took!). Well, here she is back again. These pics are kinda old... she doesn't even have the ouchie on her forehead yet. I'll get caught up some day.

When her daddy and Auntie Jess were little, I used to sew a lot, and while I was sewing, they had a great time playing with "squiggles". In case you didn't know, squiggles are styrofoam packing peanuts. They used to do all kinds of things with them... load them into trucks and drive them around... and whatever else they could think of that I don't even remember anymore.

So I thought maybe Courtney would also enjoy squiggles and they might keep her busy while I got a little sewing in. She thought they were pretty fun... for about 15 minutes. After that, it was more fun to check out the colors of Grandma's threads, play with boxes of bobbins, see if pins were sharp, etc., etc. Needless to say, Grandma didn't get much sewing done. Nice try, but it must be more fun playing with squiggles when there's someone else there to play with them with you. ;-)

(Click to enlarge.)

No comments: