Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Fashion Revue 2017

It's finally County Fair time! That means Courtney's projects have been judged and I can show them to you! She did fabulously!

The first sewing project she made for this year's 4-H competition was a skirt. She and her mom picked out the fabrics, and I helped her with the sewing. She learned to do some new things for this project... things like rotary cutting and ironing. Both were VERY closely supervised by me, as I didn't want any cut or burned fingers. She was very cautious, and all went well.


She also learned how to sew a waistband and insert elastic into it.




Here is the finished skirt. Such beautiful, straight stitching... all done by Courtney!


I took these pics of her the day she made it.


Then there was the public Fashion Revue that we got to watch last week. We had a perfect place to sit so I could get some good photos. She wore her skirt for her 'Constructed' project. (Grades 3-5)


I am proud to say she got a Reserve Champion on it!

She also had a 'Recycled' outfit, which was this.


Last but not least was her 'Purchased' outfit, which she also received a Reserve Champion on! Not only that, but she did such a great job of modeling at the Fashion Revue that she received a purple ribbon for Overall!



That's my beautiful, sweet, confident granddaughter! I am so proud of her! What a first ever Fashion Revue experience for her! Congratulations, Courtney!!

More project results later.....

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations to Courtney!!! She did a beautiful job on her skirt. I really like her fabric choices, and she models it so proudly!

I'm not really up on my 4-H/ county fair competitions, however. What does Reserve Champion mean? It certainly sounds impressive!

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Jenny! I'll be sure Courtney reads what you said.

I knew somebody'd ask! I wasn't too up on the ribbon meanings either, so I did a little searching. Here's the best explanation I could find for Minnesota: http://www.southernminn.com/st_peter_herald/opinion/article_55f6291a-b85c-5bc2-9c00-e78dafe4ba98.html
Grand Champion gets to go to the State Fair, and in the event they can't make it, the Reserve Champion goes. However, I think Courtney's age group does not compete at the State Fair.

If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me! :)

Geneviève said...

Courtney is beaming on these pictures (and she has a very good reason to!). Congratulation miss, I can't wait what other projects you will create! 😊

Grandma G said...

Gen, I think Courtney really enjoyed the whole experience a lot! No doubt there will be lots of future projects!