Thursday, April 5, 2018

Flip Flop Wallet #2

I told you in my last post that I had another Flip Flop Wallet in the works. I finished it last week but couldn't show you right away because it was a gift for someone. It's been received, so here it is!


Can you guess who it was for? If you said Jess, a.k.a. How About Orange, you were correct... although I don't know why you'd have guessed her. Ha. :) It was her birthday on April Fool's Day, but I fooled her... she didn't get it till yesterday. ;-Þ The ribbon on the outside was designed by her. I added it to differentiate front from back, because I thought that might be a good thing so she wouldn't be opening it upside down.


This time I chose the closure that includes hidden magnets in those little "wings" on the sides. I don't really know which version I like better - I like them both.




If you want more details, read my other post here. The pattern is by Dog Under My Desk, and you can read her blog post about it here and see a lot of the other tester versions. Due to some technical problems, the discount price has been extended until this Friday, April 6th, so now's a good time to get it and save $2.00!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really done with all this snow. Thank goodness the sun is shining!
Hope your birthday was a fine one! Nice cake!

I can't wait to complain about how hot it is outside! :-)

Grandma G said...

No, Audrey... you’re not done yet, if the forecast holds true. 😖 At least you don’t have a winter storm watch like we do (yet). *sigh*

Thank you! Yes, the cake was a very nice surprise - and yummy, too!

We probably won’t have spring... we’ll just go from one kind of complaining to the opposite. 😜

Geneviève said...

I love the lining fabric you chose, it's such a fun and colorful pattern!

Seeing your gorgeous wallets is getting me super motivated, I can't wait to finally start working on mine! 😄

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Gen! 😘 I can’t wait to see what you make! ❤️

annie dee said...

Adorbs! Have to go check out this pattern. Looks hard though...

Grandma G said...

Again, Annie Dee! Hopefully I've gotten all caught up now on the comments I've been missing.

Thank you! The pattern isn't hard. It looks intimidating when you first see all the options and length of instructions, but if you take it a step at a time, it works like magic! If you make one, I hope you'll show me!