Friday, April 27, 2018

Little things, more color

To cover up the previous post so I don't have to see those awful white photos every time I check my blog, I'm going to do another post right away. One with some color! 

I made a simple little pouch, because I needed something to store my large size Wonder Clips in. The fabric is canvas from one of Jess's older collections from several years ago.


I boxed the bottom wider than usual...


... so that it would open wide for easy access.


I used techniques that I learned from sewing Dog Under My Desk patterns, which are THE best. Look how those seams came together at the end of the zipper!


I'd also had so much fun making doll-sized "crocs" (the first of which you can see here) that I decided to make another pair.


The holes are made with a paper punch, and since I had a star punch, I went with that. Too fun!


So now there are two pairs!


Next up... a garment. But it isn't finished yet, so you'll have to wait. :)

6 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute and useful pouch ;)

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Frédérique! One can never have too many pouches, right? 😉

Geneviève said...

With her romper and her Crocs, your doll looks ready for summer!

Your pouch is so nicely done, I can't spot a single imperfection! 👌

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Gen! It’s a good thing she’s ready for summer, because it seems to be here! 😄

I was quite pleased myself with the way the pouch turned out. The photo isn’t even hiding anything! 😂

annie dee said...

Am Girl Crocs!! I'm squealing over here. Great zippered pouch too

Grandma G said...

Another late one, Annie Dee! More apologies to you!

Thank you very much! You should try making the Crocs - they're very fun!