Thursday, November 1, 2018

AG Doll Go Everywhere Anorak Jacket

Yes! I sewed! Broken wrist and all. I was having withdrawals, so I just had to give it a try. It wasn't too bad... but pressing was a challenge. I won't be doing a lot of that for a while. Since typing on this keyboard is a challenge, too, I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

This is the Go Everywhere Anorak Jacket, and the pattern is from Pixie Faire. I had it about 90% done before my accident, so it didn't take long to finish it up. (Well, sorta... with a broken wrist, EVERYTHING takes a long time.)



It was easy to sew, and I love how it turned out. I made it from some brushed denim that I've had around here for probably 25+ years. Here are some progress pics.




Only the hood is lined. The inner seams are all finished with the serger.

Wonder clips were once again very useful.


I was so happy to get it finished, and I had just enough time to take advantage of the "golden hour" sunlight for photos. I knew the jacket would look good against the fall colors outside... but it was so windy that I had to prop Kit against the sedum to keep her from falling over. It worked, and I was very pleased with the photo quality.



So that's that. I'm itching to sew something else now (also itching inside my cast once in a while). I haven't tried rotary cutting yet, and I'm sure that'll present another challenge, but I have three different kinds of cutters, so surely one of them will work, right? I hope!

By the way, here's my "upgrade". Thankfully, it's much more streamlined, the best part of that being that it fits inside many of my sleeves, especially my winter coats!


Only about 2½ weeks to go........

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Gosh, that’s a cute coat! Those tiny pockets- do they actually open? You did a beautiful job with all of that perfect top stitching.

Sorry to hear about your wrist! It sounds like you’ll be out of the cast just in time for thanksgiving. I hope the cats stay out from under your feet for a while! 😄

Grandma G said...

Thank you very much, Jenny! ❤️ Yes, functional pockets... I should’ve mentioned that. Too bad I can’t edit it from my iPad. 😏

Yes, just in time for Thanksgiving! I should be able to eat much more easily! 😋 And I am much more careful around the cats these days. 😬

Kris Quilts said...

Goodness, that's a cute coat!
Happy Healing!

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Kris! 😘❤️

Geneviève said...

I hadn't noticed the coat lining on the photo you posted on IG, it is such a fun and lovely detail.

That coat looks great... Do you make adult sized ones too? :P

Grandma G said...

Thank you! ❤️

No. 😜