Monday, March 25, 2024

Tracy Wristlet

Hmm… I’m getting a bit behind here in posting stuff I’ve completed. Maybe that’s because it’s more fun to sew the things than to write posts about them. :)

Anyway, I’ve tested a couple more patterns for Linds Handmade Designs. She’s such a prolific designer/pattern writer! This is the first of those, which I confess has been completed for a couple of months. It’s the Tracy Wristlet. It was a fun, easy pattern to sew.

I had recently purchased some waxed canvas from Sailrite when they had it on sale. It’s their lighter weight, and it’s very easy to sew. I decided to use my burgundy, and I happened to have a quilt cotton fabric that went perfectly for the lining.


The wristlet went together so smoothly. Here are some progress photos:


I used my faithful old Kenmore for the lining and my Sailrite LSZ-1 machine for the topstitching and heavier seams. I do love the look of its topstitching!


I also love the patina look of the waxed canvas. The more it gets crinkled in working with it, the more design it gets. See? Isn’t it cool?


Of course if you don’t like that look, all you have to do to get rid of it is warm it with a blow dryer. The wax melts and smooths out so the patina look disappears. I had to do some of that next to this blue band on the back of the wristlet because I didn’t think about how the rugged presser foot on my Sailrite would leave tracks on the waxed fabric. So I warmed it, and you’d never know it happened! I also have a knurled foot and a smooth foot for my machine, so I switched to the smooth foot which left no tracks.


Inside the pouch is a slip pocket and slots for cards on one side…


… and on the other side a zipper pocket. Yes, I remembered to add my tag. Linds is good about including a reminder about that in her patterns (thank goodness). :)


So that’s that. It’s a pretty straight forward sew. I do like the band across the back. It has a D-ring at each end, so you can use it to attach not only a wristlet strap but also a crossbody strap or even a waist strap. Linds covered all the bases! You can find the pattern here.

In other sewing, I’ve made a couple (so far) of something I made years ago. I’ll show you them when the whole project is completed, which could be a couple months yet. I’ll show you the other pattern test results in my next post. AND I’m trying something totally new! Yes, it’s sewing, but something I’ve never done before. I’m enjoying it and learning a lot as I go. It’s slow going, so don’t hold your breath for that one yet. :)

No comments: