Thursday, April 16, 2009

Poll Results

The results of the poll "Do you have a Twitter account?" are as follows:

  • Yes (0 votes)
  • No (6 votes)
  • What's Twitter? I thought only birds twittered! (3 votes)

I guess Twitter is not that popular (or even known about) in Grandma G's circle. ;-) However, it seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. I don't know that much about it myself... just that it's another social networking thing... a way of keeping track of what's going on with friends, news, etc.

Here's how I saw it described on one site: "So what is Twitter exactly? Probably the best one-word definition is microblog. You can post an update to your Twitter account by writing anything you want to write, but you are only allowed 140 characters. So you are limited to about a sentence or two." Then if you want to see what someone else has written, you can "follow" them, using your Twitter account. You can get updates to your computer (email), phone (text messages), etc.

That's all I know... or care to know. I'm not signing up. I already have more than enough things taking up my time. ;-) If you want to know more, just go to Twitter and check it out for yourself.

Thanks for voting... and reading my blog, even though I don't "Tweet".

No comments: