Tuesday, September 8, 2020

McCall's Marina dress

The fabric print in this post might seem familiar to you. It's the same as on the sweatshirts I showed you in this post, only the color and fabric are different. The sweatshirts were made from french terry, but Cloud9 Fabrics decided the print would also look good on rayon; it certainly does, and in a new color - orange! Of course this thrilled Jess, Ms. HowAboutOrange herself, so she had to have a dress made from it. She chose the McCall's Marina dress pattern (M8090). It was pretty easy to sew, although gathering and pinning the ruffles was somewhat time-consuming. 

Here she is modeling it. She describes the fabric as "so light, soft, comfy, and orange!"


(Nice that she had coordinating flowers for the photo shoot, right?)

Yes, I made her a mask to match, because when wearing something this pretty, your "accessories" must coordinate, right? :)


Well, writing this post went pretty smoothly. Maybe Blogger is getting the kinks worked out? Good thing, because I have another garment to blog about (still awaiting pics). Aaaand I may have tested another pattern that I want to show you, too. Come back and check later.....


2 comments:

Jenny said...

That print is fabulous in orange! And what a nice dress/mask combo you made from it!

Glad to read that blogger is getting better. I haven’t posted anything in a while so I haven’t experienced the new changes, but It would be sad if the changes pushed you to quit posting here. I would miss reading about your projects!

Grandma G said...

Thank you so much, Jenny! I appreciate that you take the time to comment, too. It’s encouraging to know that my posts are getting read!