Friday, November 16, 2007

Wildflowers, part 1

I have a section of my garden that I like to plant to wildflowers. This year I got some new seeds, and though the seed packages always tell what kinds of seeds are inside, there are always some I've never heard of, so it's fun to watch and see what kinds of blooms I'm going to get.

I thought you might enjoy taking a "walk" with me through my wildflowers, so the next few posts will show you what I ended up with this year. And please, if you see any that I've identified incorrectly, let me know! I've had to do some Google searching to try to figure out what some of them were, and I'm not 100% sure I have them all right.

Okay, this first one isn't a wildflower... rather, it's from a row of sunflowers I planted as a background.

Vanilla Ice Sunflower
(plus a nice little bee)


Bachelor Buttons


Clarkia

Another Clarkia

No comments: