Thursday, December 31, 2015

What we've been up to

Oh, my... not much left of 2015! Let's see if I can squeeze in one last post before the year is over. 

Yes, we had Christmas!


Over our long weekend we worked on projects. Here are Jess and Grandpa working together on one of them, a reupholstery job.


I didn't have much to do with that project except to serge the edges of the fabric to keep it from fraying.


Here's the finish!


Isn't it lovely?! Have a closer look at the fabric.


It was inspected by my faithful assistant. It passed.


The good news is that it gets to stay in my house!

The fabric is from Jess's new line of barkcloth for Cloud9 Fabrics. This line is called In Theory, and here's a look at all of it.


It is supposed to be available for purchase the end of January or sometime in February. Knowing how it goes, I'm not holding my breath on that. However... lucky me... all that fabric, around a yard of each, was photographed in my house! It's our samples. More sewing projects, coming up!

We had kind of a project factory going over the weekend. I got some sewing in, but haven't quite finished it up yet. Here are a couple of sneak peeks for you.


These, of course, are made from the Typography quilting cottons.


More on that later.

The thing on Instagram at the end of the year is posting your top 9 most-'liked' photos of 2015 in a collage (made automatically on a website). Here's how mine turned out.


I guess sewing is my winner... and it doesn't seem to matter if the project is completed or not. Ha. Did you notice the duplicate project pics? Sadly, there were no cat photos in my top 9, although that's probably what I've posted the most. I'm just happy that my fawn made it in, as those 2 are my personal favorite photos. The tree scene is actually a photo I took in 2014 but posted this past fall.

So that's a little update for you. The year is coming to a close quickly, so I'll just end here by wishing you all a Happy 2016!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun was had by all! Love the chair! Happy New Year! Peace! Audrey

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Audrey! Happy New Year to you, too!

LiEr said...

Happy new year!

Been away from blogs for a while but am back! I LOVE In Theory. I am so buying some when it comes out. I am partial to blue, so I will definitely get the two with blue in it, but I also love the gold, and the dark brown. Bah. I might have to buy them all.

The chair is perfect. I LOVE it!

Love the bowties, too! Very cute, and perfect for that weight of fabric.

Grandma G said...

Thank you, my friend! Yes, those In Theory fabrics... they're sooo delicious! I love the blues, too, but my favorite turned out to be the brown flowered one! Ahhh.... what to make with them all....

Geneviève said...

You had very productive holidays! :)

I love the chair too, the fabric is gorgeous. I really hope some canadian stores will sell the In Theory collection, it is stunning, I can't even pick a favorite!

Grandma G said...

We sure did, Gen! And thank you! Surely there will be somewhere in Canada that will carry it. Maybe even an Etsy shop?

annie dee said...

What a wonderful solution to a not so perfect chair. Did you have to put a piece of wood where the slat was missing or something else like foam in the back? Love this fabric. It works perfectly here.

Grandma G said...

The chair was left as it was. It's very sturdy, and no one had even realized it had a missing slat until they took the old cover off. :)

Blue said...

Little late, but I love the stockings! And all the fabric. I saw a few of these on FB already, but love the bark cloth. And the projects made with it!

Grandma G said...

Many thanks, Blue! On Jess's behalf also. The stockings were another family assembly line project from a few years ago. :)