Wednesday, December 2, 2015

So amazing when you look closely

When I was complaining about all the snow we got on Monday (about 10" total), I was told by a friend (you know who you are) that I should get out my Easy Macro lens and take some photos. So I did! I got some fun shots. Just look:


The temperature was right around freezing, and the snowflakes were not only coming down in clumps, they were melting almost as soon as they landed. In the photo below, on the far right side just above center, you can see the shape of one that had just melted. I love it!


The above ones were taken on a wooden bench seat outside our back garage door. The next ones were taken on the concrete in front of the garage.


Below is my favorite.


Aren't snowflakes amazing up close?! I'm almost looking forward to more snow so I can try taking macro pics again. Almost. Just a few flakes would be fine. Flakes that land inches apart. That's enough. Period.

10 comments:

Geneviève said...

I'm glad you found a little fun with the massive amount of snow you got. Macro shots can make a lot of things better! :) However, it must have been quite a challenge to get good pictures of the melting snowflakes.

Grandma G said...

Yeah, I had to be fast with the focusing. You shoulda seen the ones I deleted! ;)

Geneviève said...

I know! I tried to get good ones too, it is so hard!

Anonymous said...

Amazing, thanks for sharing! I hope we'll get some snow this year...

Jenny said...

I love snowflake photoraphy! Your pictures are great. Makes me think I should add one of those easy macro things to my christmas wish list!

Grandma G said...

Thank you! Yes, Jenny, do put an Easy Macro on your list! They're cheap, and so much fun!

annie dee said...

Somehow, it's easier not to consider these beautiful, delicate beauties are actually snow crystals. Lovely!

Grandma G said...

Agreed! :) Thank you!

Megumi said...

Beautiful! I've been thinking of getting a Macro Lens, but I've just ordered a juicer, so the lens still stays on the list. You know the people who influence me! The inspiring couple!

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Megumi! A juicer, huh? Well yes, I do know who's been influencing you. :) Enjoy your juicing! Maybe you should put an Easy Macro lens on your Christmas list. ;) They're under $15.00!