Tuesday, December 8, 2015

For women only, take 2

Well, I did it. I made a second bra. This one turned out much better, and I'm calling it a success! Here it is (and it's really hard to take a photo of a bra, just so ya know).


Here's a closeup of a little detail that I didn't even bother to add to the first bra, since I knew I wouldn't be wearing it. The hardware kits come with a little bow to sew onto the front.


If any of you missed the first post that has a lot more details, you can find it here. I had a lot of issues with trying to get answers to my questions in the class. I did get enough to make this second bra and have it fit, but I still have questions out there awaiting answers. I've also posted a photo of the bra on myself for the teacher to critique, but I've again heard nothing. Craftsy will be hearing from me soon regarding all of that.

Will I be making more bras? Absolutely! In fact, on Cyber Monday, I bought hardware kits to go with my leftover fabric, plus to reward myself, I bought a pretty turquoise w/lace kit! I'll show you that one when it's done, too... but it's low on my pile of intentions right now. Must get through Christmas first!

12 comments:

Megumi said...

Wow! It looks more pretty with the bow!

annie dee said...

Nice. Funny how those little bows are required on bras, isn't it?

Grandma G said...

Yep, the bows add the perfect finishing touch. ;)

Jessica Jones said...

Professional and lovely!

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Jess! ❤️

carolinelb said...

Your work is perfect - always! I am so impressed. How frustrating not to get answers, especially with something as complicated as fitting a bra.

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Caroline! Yes, it's been extremely frustrating!

Jenny said...

Beautiful work! And the bow is perfect. I love little bows! I am impressed that you made the seconds one so quickly. After all the effort of the first one not turining into a wearable product, I would have had to make a few something elses before I was willing to try it again.

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Jenny! I didn't want to wait too long, lest I forget what I learned or lose interest entirely. However, I DID make a couple "something elses" in between there. You just haven't seen them yet! ;) Soon!

Geneviève said...

Awesome work, I really love all the little details. Cyber Monday came just in time for you to reward yourself for all that work (and patience). :)

Still no answer?

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Gen! Still no answer. I'm just letting it go until after Christmas, since I don't have time to do anything with it now. I've been wearing the bra, and it fits better than any store-bought one I've had, so that makes me happy, but there needs to be a bit of tweaking for the next one. I'm not sure what I need to do, so there's where I need answers.

I did email Craftsy and got a reply rather quickly, however it was not very helpful. Basically, "sometimes messages disappear and you have to start a new discussion". Well what's the point of having a discussion thread then? I sure don't want to have to start a new thread and have to explain everything all over again. But I guess I shall have to if I want any answers. :(

I also asked Craftsy if I was supposed to get email notifications when my questions do get answered, because I thought I did for the first question but have gotten none since, and it's a pain to have to open the app and search for my question every time, not to mention a waste of time when there's no answer. They just told me how to find my posts quickly on a computer. Ehn. So I wrote back and asked again, but they never answered that.

I haven't written a review for the class yet, but my rating for it is falling fast.

Geneviève said...

That's such a shame! It seemed like such a great site with cool classes, but it's more like a big disappointment. If you really don't get any answer, maybe there is some kind of DIY-bra-makers-community/forum online that could help you find what tweaking you need to do instead?