Friday, August 31, 2018

Triple Zip Pouch #8 and more

I've been scrapbusting again! I wanted to make a gift for a special friend who is retiring as of today. This friend has also been my hairdresser for somewhere around 25 years!! That's a heckuva lot of haircuts (and maybe a few perms back in the day)!! Today was my last one from her, sadly. In fact, I was her very last client.

She has always been interested in Jess's fabrics, so of course a gift made out of some of them was in order. I went to one of my favorite tutorials, the Triple Zip Pouch by Debbie Jeske (you can see some others that I've made here), and I chose Jess's Typography fabrics. So here you have it! Rather a fun combination, right?


It was so fun, in fact, that I decided to add something else... an Earbud Pouch by Erin (Erickson) Gilbey.


Then I thought about the cord wraps that are so quick and easy to make, so I decided to make one of those, too. I couldn't decide whether to make it reversible or not, so I made one of each! Ha!


I rounded the ends on the reversible one so that it wouldn't matter which way it was snapped... there would always be the round end on the outside, where with the other, if you reversed it, you'd end up with a squared-off end on the outside. Nothing terrible, really, but I like the rounded look better.


Then I quit. Here you have the whole set. She loved it. There may have been a few tears involved.


Love ya, Lori! We'll do that lunch someday and catch up on our cat stories again!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun set! I made one of those triple zip pouches once and it’s a great little thing. I should make another one sometime.

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Jenny! 💕 Yes, such a cool little pouch and an almost magical way that it comes together!

Geneviève said...

I bet you made her very last appointment extra special with your thoughtful gifts. :)

The triple zip pouch really is your signature pouch. I love the zippers and fabrics combos you use on them.

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Gen! 😘 Those triple zip pouches are just too much fun to make! 😉