Thursday, March 28, 2013

Because some of you asked...

I thought I'd share with you the results of my final photo assignment for my camera classes. I sent in these two photos:



About the Courtney one, my "tutor" said:

  • "Nice job using the white card to get the good looking color.  This stimulation is a hard one since you have a mixture of colors from the lights; there's cooler light coming threw the window which is blue and there's warmer light coming from a lamp.  The lights makes this image real and stand out; makes it feel like I'm in the room looking at this little girl with a missing tooth smiling back at me.  It's great when you're able to have the viewer make a connection with your images."

(Note that all misspellings, typos, etc., are his. This was sent to me at 11:39 Saturday night, which was unusual, since the others I've gotten had all been during the work week. He must've been working overtime and tired. ;)  His previous correspondences were better written.)

And about the frost one:

  • "Great job making the background soft, this really makes the frost/snow flake become the focal point stand out in the image so we can see all the beautiful little details and.  Your color balance is really nice here too; it's cooler so the blue tone really gives the feeling of the scene being cold.  I'm not sure what program you're using on your computer to work on your images, but I would see if you could retouch out a few specs of dirt here and the water streaks on the on the top; it's a bit distracting and it would make the image pop more."

He doesn't like my dirty window! Hahaha! Actually, I hadn't noticed the spots myself (maybe I'm just too used to seeing them? Did YOU notice them?), and I also didn't know we were allowed to edit the images we sent in. However, I had hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button in Picasa on the frost pic, which mainly added contrast (where that blue came from, I don't know, but it's in the unedited photo also). I guess I wasn't "lucky" enough for Picasa to wash my window, though!

He gave me a score of 9 out of 10 points. I was pleased with that! Now all I have left is to leave some feedback on the website, and I'm all done... except for lots of practicing so I don't forget what I learned! Where is the pretty springtime green outdoors to take pics of???

Wow, that's the first class I've taken in 40+ years! I feel like a kid again! A graduate, even! Anybody wanna throw me a graduation party? Okay, maybe not a graduate... it was only one class. But I feel good in having this ol' brain still able to learn new stuff. ;)

Now I need to take some new pics (or at least choose some old ones) for a new blog header, because I'm getting really sick of this old one. Besides, it has the wrong camera on it now!

1 comment:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

There is just something about having an assignment to do and someone willing to review, praise and egg on!