By the time we'd found the project and picked the felt, we didn't really have time to get working on it, then last week she wasn't here after school, so we finally got back to it yesterday. I forgot all about taking pictures (!) until it was all finished, but at least I remembered then. So here's her latest sewing project, a customized organizer. This is the inside:
She sewed it all herself except for the buttons, which I sewed on with the machine. Had we had more time, I'd have had her sew them on by hand. ;) Look at how nice and straight her stitching is! Awesome, huh? I'm so proud of her!!
Here's the outside front:
Oh, I also sewed on the velcro that it's fastened with, and the center of one of the flowers, just to show her how to do it. She did the other one.
Here's the back. She thought it was cool to make the 'X' to make sure the tab stayed securely on there. She did great with that, too.
So you can see the actual size (and see how grown up she's getting!), here she is:
True to form, we had to have one of these shots, too. ;-Þ
That was a fun little project, and very good practice for her. She was pretty excited to take it to school and show her friends today. Now we'll have to keep our eyes open for more ideas. If any of you see anything that might work, feel free to let me know!