Monday, November 30, 2015

It's here

I believe winter has officially arrived, even if the calendar doesn't say so yet. It's looked like this all day long.


Our local school closed at 1:00 p.m.


I took these next two when I went out to feed the cats tonight. It's hard to tell depth in the photo, but I'll just say I should've dug out my taller boots.


I'm guessing about 7" so far, but we're still under a winter storm warning until tomorrow (Tuesday) night. And then the wind picks up. Picks up the snow and rearranges it.


It doesn't look like it in the pic above, but it was still snowing. The driveway was solid white... very hard to tell where the edges were. Our mail carrier made it through on the roads, though. Of course. That's what mail carriers do, right? Well, 'almost' all the time. Grandpa made it home and up the driveway, too.

There were already deer tracks wandering through the yard. I saw a deer out in the field watching me, but when I bent down to get the camera out of my jacket and looked up again, it was gone. Too far away, anyway, but it sure looked pretty against all the white.

4 comments:

Geneviève said...

Snow day! Courtney must have been happy to get half a day off :)

The pictures are beautiful, but it is a lot of snow and it is so early... It's not even December yet!

I hope you won't get a lot more overnight. And if the winds are strong enough, maybe they'll bring some snow over here too.:P

Jenny said...

Blech! It makes for beautiful pictures, but I have very little use for snow otherwise. I actually had to go check the 7 day forecast to make sure all that snow isn't heading my way! Thankfully just rain coming here. Stay warm!

annie dee said...

Harder and harder to imagine dealing with all that snow. Stay safe and warm.

Grandma G said...

Thanks, all. It was back to school today, two hours late. We got close to 10" total. Pretty, but somehow I'm not appreciating the pretty very much this early.