Monday, November 17, 2008

Snow was in the air... and on the ground

Our previous snow is now 99.9% melted (yay!). Though I don't like the thought of getting more, I did enjoy the snowflakes that I noticed on the ground this morning. Hey, they came down about 10 feet apart, so that kind I don't mind so much. ;-) Anyway, I noticed these tiny, perfect snowflakes scattered across the grass. They were only about a quarter inch across, yet kind of thick. Unfortunately, they were so little that it was very hard to get decent pics of them. But here they are, even though the pics don't do them justice. Click to enlarge.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

I have never seen flakes like that.

They are so big.

They must have grown very slowly.
I wonder if there is a name for this type of flake.

It takes an unusual flake to know one.

Dale

Grandma G said...

Uh.... fer shur. ;-)