Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I have a new brother!

And here it is:

For those of you who don't know... it's a serger. It sews. As in finishing seams, mainly. But it can also do some other fancy stuff, like making some types of hems, etc. It should save me some time in my sewing projects. Now I just have to figure out how to use it. Actually, it came all set to go, threaded with 4 spools of thread and everything. And there are instruction videos and a manual. Hopefully I'll make great progress with it tomorrow when I have more time.

Oh, WAIT!!! I bet you thought that was my big announcement you've all (well, a couple of you, anyway) been waiting for. No, no, NO.... that's not it!!! Don't go away yet! I just was excited about my serger and had to show you. But now read on.....

Actually, I think I'll let Little Miss GoogleEyes announce it:

Yes, believe it or not, this is my 1,000th blog post!!! My first post was on October 11th, 2007, so it's been just over 3 years. Whew! I can't believe I've done that many posts! And just think how many photos that means, since there are usually several photos per post. Wow!

Sooooooo..... help me celebrate!! What I would love, love, LOVE from you, my readers, is a comment from EACH of you! Make my day, okay? I know there are lurkers out there, and even some who've told me in person that they follow my blog but have never left a comment. Well, now's the time, folks! Grandma G wants to hear from you! Be courageous... come out of the closet... or whatever it takes. Let me know you're there. Please? Pretty please??? Tell me which kind of posts you like best, which photos you've enjoyed the most, something you'd like to see more of (or less of), something else you'd like to see. Tell me why you're here! Even if this is your first time here, at least say 'hi'. :-)

And on that note, I'm also going to announce that I'll be taking a little break from blogging. Not too long, but I have some things I need to get done. One of those things is make a new blog header. Maybe you've noticed how blurry my current header has gotten. Yuck. I don't know why that's happened. I know photos on your computer can deteriorate a slight amount with each viewing, more or less depending on what file format they're saved in. But I didn't know it would happen to something posted on the internet. So I thought I could just replace it with my saved file... but alas, I CAN'T FIND IT! Grrrrr! So, I guess I'll have to make a new one. And figure out all over again how to get it just exactly the right size. And all that not fun stuff. Phooey.

I also have a number of things I want/need to get done before Thanksgiving. So, after 3 years, I guess I can take a little time off, right? Probably only a week at the most. I already have new photos waiting to be posted, so I won't be able to stay away too long. ;-)

So, on that note, I'm outta here... and hoping to hear from ALL of you!! Bye fer now!

19 comments:

Auntie Kris said...

Wow! I get to be the first to comment! What a privelege. Of course, I'm very partial to the posts of Courtney, but I also enjoy the gardending, sewing, and farmlife posts. I especially miss sunrises and sunsets, so keep 'em comin'! Oh, and all the pics of the snow last year were AMAZING! So Cool!
Thanks for keeping me in touch with the country life(and my family) nearly every day!

Laquita said...

Congratulations! That's a lot of blogging. I love seeing photos of your farm, your animals, your granddaughter, your sewing projects....just keep taking & posting those pics!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping me in touch thru pictures of Southern Minnesota which started my interest in your blog. It is now more than just pictures it is admiration and respect for a very talented photographer and writer.

Mark

"come out of the closet" I thought this was a Don't ask, Don't tell blog

Anonymous said...

Keep on bloggin'.

I have enjoyed your blog so much.
It is one of the first places I go to when I sit at the computer.
You have certainly captured the essence of SW MN. Your subjects are varied and diverse and the pictures are great.
I always enjoy the videos of your favorite subject.


Dale

The word is sogies.

Jessica Jones said...

Hi Mum! Happy 1,000th post! Woo hoo! My two favorite subjects are Courtney and kitties, of course. In that order. Oh, and if you could find some more fawns in the ditch to video, that would be great. I would like to request more fawns. Maybe a fawn a week. Even in the winter. Okay?

JHNickodemus said...

Oh my goodness! I've been a slacker! Im not even at 500!! Im so impressed! I like your projects! Its kind of fun to play the guessing game!

Kim said...

Yep.. I'm guilty of sneaking a peak and not commenting a lot. Life at my house is pretty fast pace most days.. Just poking in to see what's new in Courtney's life. She keeps things interesting. Love the pics of Flowers.. you can keep the snow at your house though. :) As a matter of fact... Mother Nature can keep the snow all to herself. Bring Summer back! But those Snow pictures last year were Awesome. Courtney Pic are the BEST! Take a Break.. and keep 'em comming. Hey.. if you could post some beautiful Summer pictures during the snow storms this winter.. that would be great! Help to remember what we have to look forward too.

Thanks for keeping us in touch with family.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I like everything you post! It's all great, and the writing is interesting and witty. 1000?? Wow, I was just going to post a giveaway because my next one will be 300. I'm a slacker too...

Live a Colorful Life said...

P.S. I like your new "brother"...

Suzi said...

Wow! Yeah, 3 years goes fast doesn't it. Can't believe we will have a 4 year old in less than 3 months. It is a awesome how you have pretty much documented Courtney's life. I love being able to pull up the blog at work and see my little munchkin, it always brightens my day. I am biased Courtney is my favorite. Okay I like the other topics too.

Thank you and Congrats

Grace said...

Congratulations!!! We both just Love, Love, Love your blog.Your pictures are just fab and your narration is so fun to read. Favorite subject hands down is that beautiful granddaughter. BUT that said---we also love the sun rises and sunsets, the clouds- happy and dark clouds. The flower pics are near and dear to our hearts. The wild life you capture on film is awesome, however do you catch those shots? Your sewing projects have made me envious of your time but now with my 'near retirement' work hours I may be able to do some of that too. Your BUG blogs are so informative, love how brave you are to touch some of the "ickies" you find out there. Kittys are another favorite, we love our kittys too. We enjoy hearing about Jess and her exciting design successes. No I have not forgotten how beautiful your winter pictures are and this year since I will be -for the most part- sitting on the inside watching the storms , I will enjoy the beauty but still worry about famiy members who have to get out and drive in the Minnesota winter. Go ahead and take a well desereved break~ But please don't be gone too long. We WILL be missing you. Will just have to pull up some old blogs and enjoy them over again, unless that will not be available with you working on the blog design. Congratulations , your blog gives pleasure to a lot of people. Hurry Back.

Anonymous said...

Dear Grandma G. This is Courtney. THANK YOU, Grandma, for taking the time to do your blog. I love being your grandaughter and having you take all those fun pictures. I will treasure the blog for ever. I love to sit at the computer and watch all the videos and see again all the great times I have at your house. Hugs and Kisses to you and Grandpa G. See ya soon. From COURTNEY.

DianeY said...

I just got a new serger about 3 weeks ago & I love, love. love it! I use it whenever I can, but my sewing machine is getting jealous-I think it's sibling rivalry!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You have such a wonderful talent of sharing your world in writing and photography. I have so enjoyed reading your blog and have admired all of your beautiful photography. It makes me feel a little more connected to all of you!
Thank You!
Gwen

Becky said...

Happy 1000th GG!!!

I get busy and don't always check in for few weeks but I completely adore your blog!! Thanks for sharing and brightening my days.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy all of your pictures! You are very talented with that camera. You do have some great subjects. I see it snowed in Minnesota so I guess we will be be seeing snow pictures soon.
Bonnie in CA

Anonymous said...

You know I LOVE all your photos....thanks for keeping home just a click away! Yes, it is still home. Congrats and keep it up. K in PA.

Anonymous said...

this is my first time on your warm and friendly blog :) just thought i'd say hi

Sarah said...

congratulations on your 1000th post! i thought the title of this post meant that you had a new grandchild.

i'd love to learn how to use a sewing machine. it would be great to make crafts and simple items. or hem my own pants!