Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thank you!

What fun it was to read all of your comments! THANK YOU, everyone! It's very encouraging to know that you enjoy... well... pretty much everything, huh? So I guess I'll just keep on doing what I've been doing... basically, whatever strikes my fancy. (And I'll try really hard to get pics of all those fawns during the winter, Jess!)

I enjoyed my week off, but as you can see, I haven't fixed my header yet, nor have I made any of the other changes I plan to. I don't know where the time goes, but each day sure flies by in a hurry. I still don't have half the things done that I wanted to accomplish in the past week, so I probably won't be back full time till after Thanksgiving (and then with Christmas fast on its heels, who knows?). My posts may be hit and miss for a while.

But I have been busy. Here's a peek at what I'm working on in the sewing room:

You can guess if you want, although it's probably pretty obvious. Cutting it out was the worst. I cut 33 pieces for this project! There was a bit of matching involved, too, and I'm happy to say that couldn't have turned out any better. Just look... can hardly tell there's a seam there, can you?

My new brother's been helping me out with the seam finishing. He's really FAST. Here's an example of what he can do (ignore the top 2 lines of stitching):

I love him already!

That's all you get to see for now. I promise I'll show you the whole thing when it's finished.

Thanks again to everyone who commented. And to those of you who didn't (YOU know who you are!), I hope you feel really GUILTY!! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bro does fine work.

Can you teach him other things too?

Dale

Spotie today.

Grandma G said...

He'll probably teach ME things! :-) But yeah, he can do some fancy fine hemming, gathering, and I don't remember what all. So far he's only finishing seams for me.