Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I think the drought is over

It's been raining all day. This is the most precipitation we've had since last July. Unfortunately, it's February, and winter. The temperature has been hovering just barely above 32° all day. So this is what we had late this afternoon while it was still light out:


Notice the glaze on the grass:


And on the cement:

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Everything was somewhat icy when I took these photos. You can see some of the buildup starting on the tree in the bottom pic, too. The roads weren't too bad at the time, because of the traffic keeping the ice worked off. It's rained quite a bit since then, and is still raining as I type, with even some thunder. The ice is building. The temperature is still the same. We're supposed to get a little snow overnight. It'll be interesting to see what things are like in the morning. And if the winds get up to 40 mph as predicted, it could be very hard on the power lines. The lights already flicker occasionally.

Whoa! I just saw a big flash of lightning! Our weather site says we currently have "thunderstorm, light snow in vicinity". Weird!

Hmmm.... I think I'll go to bed.

2 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

How I wish we would get some rain. Not ice, just rain...

Auntie Kris said...

This past year has had the kookiest weather!