Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Nature's beauty

There hasn't really been much pretty stuff to take pictures of this winter, what with our lack of snow. (I'm NOT complaining!!) We did have some fog about 10 days ago, though, that left things very frosty, so that was rather pretty until it melted off later in the day (lovin' the warm temps we've been having, too!).

I took these first pics in the area that was dug up for the new well, where there's very little grass or anything. I thought the way the frost was arched on the blades of grass was rather interesting.

(Click photos to enlarge.)

The branches on the nearby lilac branches were pretty loaded with frost, too... on the north side:


This is what they looked like on the south side:


And here is what remained of a puddle on the driveway, after it had frozen overnight:


Just looking at it all from a distance, it seemed pretty dreary... but looking closely gives a whole new perspective!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your photos.
You see the detail where the beauty often lies.

Dale

I see I'm the ferse one today.

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Dale! Yep, you are definitely ferse! :) And I am thers.

Anonymous said...

as always great photos! You know any good hoar frost pictures are my favorite and these did not let me down. Always amazed how nature can make such beautiful ice crystal formations and in a few minutes be gone. Mark

Grandma G said...

I was thinking of you as I took the pics, Mark. I know you're my #1 frost fan. :)