Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pretty kitties!

On Monday I finally got my brand-spankin'-new computer! It has a terabyte hard drive... can you imagine?! I should be able to store LOTSA photos on this thing! Ha! While I was at the computer place waiting for my data to get transferred, I got to roam the house and take photos of the many cats residing there. Photography practice, y'know? I thought I'd post a few of my favorites for all you kitty lovers out there. (And because I haven't had time for taking many other photos lately.)
 
This is a beautiful but kinda shy guy. At least he posed nicely.
 

His name is Cream. What a sweet face, huh?

 
This next one is Peaches, Cream's sister. Now you get the name connection, right? Hee. Let's hope they get adopted out together, or there'll have to be a name change. :)
 

He has such beautiful stripes, but he was even more shy than Cream about getting his picture taken.

 
Below is my favorite of all the cats. His name is Baylee. He's a very loving kitty, but on the move constantly (mostly wanting attention), and he was almost impossible to get a good picture of.
 

This is the only non-blurry shot I got of his face. Not too flattering... heheh:

 
Upstairs in a little confinement area was a batch of 4-day-old kittens. SEVEN of them! There was a lovely mixture of colors amongst them.
 
 
The gray one is the mother, and the orange one is one of her kittens from a year ago. She has since had to be removed from there, though, because she decided she wanted to be a baby too and started nursing. Not so good.
 
Isn't this an adorable little nose?
 

I only took one baby out for close-ups... didn't want to disturb the whole crew:

 
Okay, all together now: AWWWWWWW!!! :)
 
Here's my favorite photo of the whole bunch. He cracks me up. LOL
 
 
Soooo.... I've learned a lot of new computer stuff! I'm figuring out things, and downloading, and configuring, and all that good stuff. My head spins at times! And I have a long way to go, but at least all my photo stuff is set up and working. Things are looking good. The only thing I HATE so far is Windows Live Mail! I have 5 email accounts, and with them all lumped together in there, I get so confused. I'm getting things sorted out, but if any of you use it and have any tips/advice, I'd love to hear it!

5 comments:

Jessica Jones said...

Ha, these made me laugh! The babies are so sweet, but my favorites are the last one and that kooky one of Baylee. If cats had driver's license photos, that would be his.

Grandma G said...

Yes - great driver's license photo! Perfect! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those. They are all adorable.Different personalities there for sure. Good luck with your new computer. Bonnie

Live a Colorful Life said...

I'm still researching computers. The guys at Best Buy said get Windows 7 online, but won't that soon go the way of XP? I have lots of programs that run on XP/7, but someone told me they should run on 8 as well. *sigh* This makes my head hurt. The kitties are pretty cute.

Grandma G said...

Thanks, Bonnie!

Cindy, the advice given me was to go with Win7. People aren't happy with 8 yet.