Wednesday, August 13, 2014

They're gone

My garage kittens left last night, off to their new home in Grandpa's brother's barn. I'm sure gonna miss them! I'll miss that sleepy pile that would start purring the second I opened the door from the house into the garage. I'll miss seeing them bouncing around out in the yard... and things like Sammy's pride at finding his very own turkey feather...


... and not being willing to share it with his brother!


I'll miss Burt's being the first to grab a mouse that his mama Rainbow brought.


There are also things that I won't miss! Like scooping the litter box numerous times a day. Or like finding that the little stinkers have made their way to the top shelves in the garage.


And I KNOW Grandpa won't miss having them use his motorcycle for a bed!


Here's someone who's going to really miss them a lot, too...


... and so will mama Rainbow (although she may be somewhat relieved, too, just like I am).


I know they'll be in good hands and will likely adjust quickly to their new home. And I will be able to get my car in and out of the garage without hassle! :)

All is well... even if a bit sad for the moment. And Courtney and I can go visit them on Tuesdays (or anytime) if we want.

2 comments:

Grace said...

AAH, Parting is such sweet sorrow. At least they are not far away.

Grandma G said...

And indeed we did go to visit them today! They are doing very well in their new home.