Monday, July 20, 2015

This made my day!

A couple of evenings ago, I decided to wander around outside after supper with the camera and iPad, just to see what I might find to take photos of. I almost switched from my zoom lens to the regular one on the DSLR, but for some reason decided not to.

First I saw this milkweed flower, which seemed extra bright and pretty in the golden hour sunshine.


Then I turned around, and much to my surprise, I saw this staring at me!


Was I ever glad I'd left the zoom lens on! It wasn't terribly far away, but the zoom was needed for shots like these.


It posed nicely, then trotted off for a different pose. Very cooperative subject, it was.


Such a dainty, lovely creature! I love how the spotted area of its coat looks like a blanket was laid across its back.

It stomped its little foot at me a couple of times, then off it went, showing off its feathery white tail.


What fun shots! Yes, my day was made! These are some of my favorite photos ever, and I think I'm going to print them all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spectacular photos. Thanks.
Ellen

Jenny said...

Very nice shots of that deer! And how nice of him (her?)to pose for you!

My mother-in-law has deer in her back yard constantly, and we used to joke that they were standing there saying to each other "look- there's that woman! Stand still and maybe she won't see us. Oh no, she's going for the camera again!" Her shots were never as good as these.

Grandma G said...

Thank you, Ellen and Jenny! :)

Geneviève said...

So true for the blanket on the back! Those are really awesome pictures, totally worth printing. :)

Grandma G said...

Thank you, friend! :)

annie dee said...

That tail! Great photos!

Grandma G said...

Thanks, AD! :)