Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thinking spring

I worked on a little project last week, and after seeing it completed, I decided it looks very spring-y! Most of you probably know this, but Jess designed some fabric, and it was printed just a few weeks ago. You can see what it all looks like here. She sent me sample pieces of each design. Of course, being the proud mom that I am, I knew I wanted to make something out of some of it. I decided on bathroom curtains, since I needed new ones anyway, and my bathroom is where the fabric colors would go the best.

I ordered some more of the "Herb" fabric, used my old curtains as a pattern, and trimmed the new curtains with the "Sprig" sample Jess had given me. Here's the result:

The colors in this second photo aren't accurate because of the artificial lighting... they really look better than that in person. But at least you can see how the curtains help tie in the floor with the rest of the room.

I like them. They're cheerful and they make me happy. I smile whenever I walk past the bathroom and look in there. :-)

Oh, yeah... that's Wispy on the vanity top. Every time I go into the bathroom, she thinks I should make the faucet drip so she can get a drink. ;-)

No comments: