Sunday, July 26, 2009

Morning glory

When I went out to check the garden yesterday morning, I just couldn't resist going back to the house for the camera. The wildflower bed is full of these plains coreopsis.

And look at the buds below. Potential for tons more!

So pretty!

There are still plenty of bachelor buttons, too.

And just a few coneflowers that appeared mysteriously last summer.

Kind of an odd-looking flower, aren't they?

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

I tossed out some new seeds in a couple of bare spots this spring, but despite plenty of rain, they only produced a couple of zinnias and marigolds. And they're not blooming yet.

3 comments:

Alex said...

You sure this wasn't someone else's property? Like a botanical garden somewhere else in Minnesota.

Grandma G said...

What? You don't think I can grow flowers like that?! ;-)

Okay... I believe you were complimenting me. Thanks! :-)

Alex said...

Yes, that was meant to be a compliment. Cool pics.