Sunday, July 5, 2009

Surprises revealed

Remember this cat? (Ignore the piece of straw or whatever that is on her "eyebrow".)

I was right... she's a female. And look what she gifted me with!

What's more, she even brought them into the machine shed to live (maybe because of the pan of cat food in there, ya think?), after hiding them for the first few weeks in the impossible-to-find-them haystack. Aren't they sweet? There's another orange one, but it was not available at the time of the photo session. ;-)

Are they wild? OH, YES! But I'm working on that. A couple of them have come as close as sniffing my fingers, so I have great hopes of their being tame someday. Their mother is much less frightened of me, too, and she will come within a few feet of me now. Progress. :-)

Courtney even got to see one of the babies last Tuesday. Every time we came near, it would hide, but then pop back out as soon as we walked away. I think it was lonesome, because Mama apparently had the other two out for a hunting lesson or something.

Courtney wanted so bad to "touch it", but that was not to be. At least for now.

(And thank goodness for a zoom lens on the camera.) ;-)

No comments: