Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sharing the blizzard

Here's the video I was trying to get uploaded yesterday. The storm's over, school's back in session, and the sun is shining today, but for the benefit of my poor readers who are stuck in California with such non-snowy, unChristmas-like conditions, here's a look at what it looked like here early yesterday morning. Keep in mind that it's fairly sheltered here. The snow was blowing much worse out in the open.


When I went out to clean the snow out of the mailbox late yesterday afternoon (no, there was no mail delivery yesterday... I guess their slogan isn't true), I noticed that the scene of the snowdrifts in those evergreen trees was quite beautiful. But I didn't have the camera with me, and I wasn't about to go back for it and make the trek back out again. This morning I thought of it, but the wind chill is still way down there and I value my fingers. But I'll get the pic for you sometime. It's not like this snow is going to be melting for a while!

5 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Amazing. However...do you realize how much this is going to make Mark miss Minnesota?

JHNickodemus said...

Um yah Id be hunkered down inside for the whole winter. I dont think Id even go outside. It'd be like that movie where the family moves into the bomb shelter for like 30 years or something.

Grandma G said...

Cindy, I think this oughta make Mark feel thankful to be in CA!

JHRME - good plan!

Grandma G said...

Cindy, just tell him to remember having to do chores in this kind of weather... and fuel that gels up in tractors... and stuff like that. I think he'll be okay. ;)

Anonymous said...

The drifts in your previous post tell the story very well.

When they look like that, you know the wind was blasting.
We are headed to Lake Crystal today and I'm hoping the drifts aren't hard as rocks.
My snow blower could have a hard time cutting into them.

Dale