Sunday, February 21, 2010

Color in my white world

It's amaryllis time again! This one is always in a hurry to bloom. It was over a foot high before I remembered to take it out of our dark basement room. It didn't take long for the buds to mature and open up. Gorgeous, isn't it?

The other two are coming along nicely, too.

That's our snow-covered deck in the background.

I finally got a coral bloom on my hibiscus yesterday, too. It's really a deeper color than most of them have been. I was quite surprised. And I love it! Too bad hibiscus blooms only last a day. But there are more on the way.

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Below is some more 'color'. I've just started another sewing project. 20 pieces to sew together! Something new. Any guesses?

Nah, you'll never guess (but you can still try if you want!). You'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully it won't be too long!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your flowers.
Gives one hope.

I think it'll be a pocketbook.
Kind of a ladies wallet.

That's my guess.

Dale

Becky said...

Your flowers are glorius!!

I guess tote bag.

JHNickodemus said...

Wow ! those flowers are B-e-a-u-tiful! Hmmm as for the project...laptop case?

Grandma G said...

Thanks to you all! Hope is a good thing... something we can all use more of about now.

And you're all wrong. :) A laptop case is a good idea, though. Might have to be my next project, seeing as how we've recently acquired a laptop!

Keep guessing! And remember I said it has 20 pieces! I made progress on it today but don't know if I can get it finished tomorrow or not. I'll try!

Jessica Jones said...

A giant stuffed candy cane?

Grandma G said...

Sorry, Jess... you can't play.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Looks like you are using the old post-it note way to keep organized. I should be better at guessing. Uh...nope.